Who We Are
- Stansberry Asset Management (SAM) is an independent registered investment advisory firm with offices in New York, NY and San Mateo, CA offering managed accounts for high net worth investors
- SAM is dedicated to giving individual investors access to investments, portfolios, and risk management tools typically reserved for institutional investors while avoiding proprietary products, hidden fees and other “Wall Street” conflicts of interest
- The SAM investment team uses research published by Stansberry Research to guide investment decisions for client accounts
What We Do
Stansberry Asset Management (SAM) manages accounts for a wide variety of clients. Some are experienced investors who enjoy managing one area of their own investments – like options or commodities – but who prefer to have other parts of their portfolio taken care of for them by a money manager who shares the Stansberry Research philosophy. Other clients simply do not have the time or interest to manage their own investments, or struggle each year to get the results they’re looking for, and choose SAM to manage their portfolios for them. SAM provides these services to all of our clients:
- An actively managed client account designed to fit your goals and objectives. SAM offers three model portfolios: conservative, standard and aggressive. Clients are welcome to choose the portfolio strategy that best fits their needs.
- A unique investment approach that puts your interests first. As a registered investment advisor, SAM is a fiduciary, meaning we operate with full transparency and put clients’ interests first. We would describe our investment approach as disciplined and opportunistic, cutting across geographies, industries, and asset classes, with a strong emphasis on capital preservation and risk management.
- Ongoing service and education. Each SAM client works with a dedicated Client Relationship Manager who will keep you informed about our thinking and can handle your operational needs. In addition, clients have access to continuing education on investing and the markets through research reports, webinars, and live events.
Our Investment Team
Led by Austin Root, the SAM Investment Team is comprised of a group of professionals with a combined 80+ years of global markets and investing experience. Please see their biographies here.